For reading this year they will be learning 15 words every week and it is important to study for these EVERY night. Below is a list of strategies that we discussed in class this week. Please feel free to use these ideas as well as any of your own to help your student this year.
1. Use your stars to guide studying
- if you have 1 or 2 stars these words will need more of your attention.
* make flash cards for your 1 and 3 star words (word on one side and definition on the other)
- at the beginning of the week have someone show you the definition and then say the word
- at the end of the week switch so you have to say the definition
* pick a few of your 1 or 2 star words every night to review
2. Use your homework to study: TAKE IT SERIOUSLY
- when we go over it in class it shows you which words you still have trouble with
* Don't be afraid to ask questions in class, if you don't get it, most likely someone else doesn't.
3. Use the website- www.wordlywise3000.com